Rangers v Feyenoord: Match Preview and Betting Tips
It’s a second successive Europa League (EL) group stage for Rangers, as they look to build on an impressive 13-game unbeaten home streak in this competition (W9, D4), in a run that has seen no opponent score more than one goal against the Glasgow outfit.
- However, whilst Rangers came back to win 3-1 in their last league match, they’ve now conceded the opener in consecutive games (W1, L1), after previously netting the first match goal – and then going on to win – every other game they’ve played this term that didn’t end goalless (W10, D2 – both draws goalless).
- Feyenoord travel here with a mixed record in Scotland (W1, D1, L1), and although they won their last European away game, that was just their second victory in their previous 21 continental road trips (D4, L15). They have, however, scored in ten consecutive away games (W5, D4, L1 – in all competitions), netting the opener in eight.
- Playing Rangers will bring back good memories for travelling supporters. Feyenoord negotiated a UEFA Cup knock-out tie versus the Scots back in 2001/02 which saw both teams score in both legs (W1, D1), with the Dutch side eventually going on to win the tournament that season. Yet whilst the visitors now visit Ibrox on a four-game winning run, both teams have scored just once across that period.
- Players to watch: Alfredo Morelos (RAN) was the EL top scorer during the qualifying stages with eight goals – he scored the opener in the last three European games that he’s found the net.
- Steven Berghuis has scored in three of Feyenoord’s four competitive away matches this term – twice after half-time.
- Stat attack: Rangers have kept a clean sheet in five of their previous six EL home games.
- Eleven of Feyenoord’s last 12 EL away defeats came ‘to nil’.
- There’s been four penalties across Feyenoord’s last four away games.
|Head-to-head matches: RANGERS – FEYENOORD|
|28.02.02||EL||Feyenoord||Rangers||3 : 2|
|21.02.02||EL||Rangers||Feyenoord||1 : 1|
Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction and Betting Tips
Over 1.5 Goals @1.36 (1xbet)